I am too fed of this 5th Cousin of Her Majesty of the Queen who is running this country into the ground to stand by and take in the statement he would like a return to Christian morality– again Cameron is trying to take the moral conservative high ground when to all intents and purposes he stand morally bankrupt, he should be leading by example not preaching to people who are probably a lot more Christian in their morality than he could dream.
As a member of the Bullingdon Club at Oxford he was the elite, he and Osborne belonged to a club that revelled in drunken riotous behaviour, on occasion – though he maintains he left before the event – they wrecked a Restaurant, paying for the damages in cash, he did not mind taking part in other activities, is this the Christian morality that he is talking about? I am being a little harsh, we all have made mistakes and in true Christian fashion lets leave the sins of the past, lets look at the sins of the present, where he is preaching from.
Jesus mentioned a widow, Cameron knows a lot about Widows because his Government is looking at scrapping the Widows allowance after the first year, whilst we need to save in these hard times picking on the weak in society is not exactly Biblical, though it is mentioned in James:
Ezekial 16:49 Behold, this was your guilt for your sister Sodom: she and her daughters has pride, excess food, and prosperous easy, but did not aid the poor and needy.
I know the economic argument is that we need to save money, cut the expenditure, but inflicting it on Widows who are struggling with loss of their partner and the loss of the income is totally wrong, and I am not taking morality lessons from Governments who can think it, let alone propose such action, it is reprehensible.
It is not only the Widows Cameron is looking at, it’s the Children, whilst the idea of to nearly £500 Milion to target the 120,000 families in the UK is laudable, lets look at the small print, the Government will only provide 40% of the funding and cash strapped Councils the other 60%, but Councils are already paying for Social Workers who do this job, and wait a minutes doesn’t the scheme sound a little SureStart ? SureStart is a scheme that was started by the previous Labour Government which helps families become more like a family, this helps children, families, and society; Cameron in Parliament even admitted in a Parliamentary answer that SureStart actually saves money, for every £1 spent it saves £4, a good deal, so much so that Cameron promised none of them would close – so far 124 Sure Start Centres have closed.
1 Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their conscience seared with a hot iron.
My favourite phrase about this ‘Government’ is ideological thuggery.
This Government that is preaching ‘Christian standards’ have seen the weakest members of society hit disproportionately hard, the is the poor people are taking the brunt of the cuts whcih hurts them much more than the middle-classes – the poor are the hardest hit in society, bottom 30% in society are losing 3 times as much as the top 30% – an unholy Trinity; I am fairly confident this is not very Christian.
But surely Christianity is about more than just giving to the needy, well that it is, it is about Social Justice, and whilst God thinks that religion, in its place, is a good thing from what he said through Isaiah I think Cameron I think he would have something to say about how this Government plans to trample on Workers Rights, how this Government has demonized the people who have sought refuge – and ridiculously so with Theresa May’s – and I am not making this up – Cat Story, or about the return to the deserving poor, or about the Tory Peer who said that the Welfare Act would encourage the poor to breed.
Isaiah 1:17 says “Learn to do good, seek justice, help the oppressed, defend the cause of the orphans, fight for the rights of Widows
I am waiting for your Christianity to show Mr Cameron.
Proverbs tells us a character of man can be determined by the company he keeps, RebekahBrooks, Andy Coulson, Jeremy Clarkson are but a few on the Cameron Christmas Card list, tell me that does that tell us about his character?
No I am not going to be lectured by David Cameron until he can answer a straight question in the House of Commons, rather than his arrogant, aggressive, antagonistic retorts to simple questions, stop preaching Mr Cameron, and start doing.